Welcome! Byenvini! ~Bienvenida!~Bienvenue!
"All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children."
Promise to Pray
is a faith-based, non-profit ministry that supports all children in
schools. The vision for this project was birthed on a day when a
teenage girl spoke the following words at a high school meeting- "Sometimes
adults do not understand what we go through as teenagers. Many times
we come to school with broken spirits, and it is difficult to
concentrate and do well."
order for children to be successful, there is an urgent need to support
them spiritually, academically, emotionally, and socially. Many people are committed to aiding our children in their academic
journeys and personal developmental years. Children need our love! They
need our encouragement! And most of all they need our prayers! Please
join us on this journey to pray for our children. Do you promise to pray? Our God can do anything!
Please keep our children in prayer as they continue throughout the school year!
Things to pray about.....
- Learning in the classroom
- Classroom environment
- Academic placements
- Teacher - Student Relationships
- Student-Student Relationships
- English Language Learners (ELLs)
- High expectations for learning
- Bullying in the schools
- Cafeteria/Playground environments
- State testing
- Communications from teachers
- Parental/Family Involvement
- Literacy (Reading/Writing)
- Remediation in learning (Children who are behind in learning)
- After school tutorial support
- Extracurricular activities (Sports and clubs)
- Back to School Night
- Teacher-Family relationships
- Classified students/Partnership with Child Study Team
ON EDUCATION: "Make every home, every shack or rickety structure a centre of learning! (President Nelson Mandela)
A CLASSROOM IN CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
A CLASSROOM IN CAMDEN, NJ
A CLASSROOM IN JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
A CLASSROOM IN PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI